After my heart attack trying the dress on I knew I needed a plan. Here's how that went:
- Start crying
- Start feeling bad for myself and convince myself that I'm just one of those people that can't lose weight as a vegan even though I work so hard
- Realize that I have eaten hardcore carbs with every meal (bread, bagels, pasta...) paired with at least 4 beers (and not light ones) every night for the past 10 days
- Remember that I have slacked on cardio
- ...Admit that I have a problem - hey that's the first step right??
SO I am majorly upping my veggie intake, limiting wheat ...and banning beer :( (Don't worry though we bought a large bottle of vodka and some seltzer last night - you didn't think I was going to stop drinking did you?)
My plan is to have carbs with one meal a day - let's see how that goes!
One problem is that I am so not a salad person, I get super bored with them and need to mix them up all the time. I decided to make a kale salad today because, well, I'm a fat cow right now - remember?
I was a little scared of kale salads, so if you are too don't worry I can now say they are pretty good!
Fool around with the ingredients all you want, this my version of a kale salad I found on Oh She Glows with dressing from Veganomicon (amaz cook book!!)
Red Kale Salad with Miso Tahini Dressing
Ingredients - Salad
- About 4 cups red kale - chopped, rinsed & dried well
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- Handful of Gogi berries (can sub craisins)
- Handful of walnuts - I just broke them up into the salad
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
Ingredients - Dressing
- 1/4 C white mellow miso
- 1/4 C tahini
- 1/4 (or more) warm water
- Wash and dry your kale - I chopped it up and threw it in a salad spinner
- Put kale in a medium sized bowl
- Chop up cukes and carrots - throw them in the bowl to hang with the kale
- Make your dressing, so easy: put all ingredients in a bowl and whisk it up, add more water if you want to thin it out - this recipe is way more dressing than you need so you can transfer it to a container now if you want
- Pour about 1/4 cup of dressing over the veggies
- Massage the dressing in to the kale ;)
- Let it all come together in the fridge for about 15 minutes
- Clean up that big mess you just made
- When you're ready to eat sprinkle in the chia seeds & walnuts
Peas & Love,