Sweet Potato & Chickpea Burgers
Inpired by Healthy Happy Life's Sweet Potato Veggie Burger, mmmm!
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 large sweet potato, baked or microwaved & peeled
- 2 TBSP tahini
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 C whole wheat flour
- Any spices you like, I used:
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bowl full o' panko bread crumbs
- Bake up or microwave your sweet potato - I microwaved in (after poking some holes in in with a fork) for about 5 minutes, let it cool and peeled the skin off
- While you're waiting for your tater, throw the can of drained chickpeas into a food processor and turn it up! It should be a little chunky
- Throw in the sweet potato, tahini, maple syrup and spices - give it a whir!
- Separate into about 8 patties
- Coat both sides of the patties in the panko
- Add to a hot pan with about 2 TBSP of safflower (or any oil of your choice)
- Cook for 4-5 minutes each side until they get nice and crispy
- Toast up a bun (if you're ever in Whole Foods try the 365 whole wheat buns - trust me!!), top it with avocado and a good whole grain mustard - mmmmmmm!
I put the leftover patties in a freezer bag - not sure how that's going to turn out, guess we'll have to wait and see!!
Peas & Love