Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

Sweet Potato & Chickpea Burgers

I hope you all had a happy Easter!  I don't know about you, but the day after holidays my body is in need of a serious detox.  Yesterday was filled with delish foods & an abundance of wine, which left me hurting a little today!   A green monster and a few gallons of water later, I'm back!  And just in time to post my recipe for the yummy sweet potato burgers we made for dinner, you're welcome ;)

Sweet Potato & Chickpea Burgers
Ingredients
  • 1 can of chickpeas
  • 1 large sweet potato, baked or microwaved & peeled 
  • 2 TBSP tahini
  • 1 tsp maple syrup
  • 1/4 C whole wheat flour
  • Any spices you like, I used:
    • 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
    • 1 tsp chili powder 
    • 1 tsp garlic powder 
    • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • Bowl full o' panko bread crumbs
Directions
  • Bake up or microwave your sweet potato - I microwaved in (after poking some holes in in with a fork) for about 5 minutes, let it cool and peeled the skin off 
  • While you're waiting for your tater, throw the can of drained chickpeas into a food processor and turn it up!  It should be a little chunky 
  • Throw in the sweet potato, tahini, maple syrup and spices - give it a whir!
  • Separate into about 8 patties 


  • Coat both sides of the patties in the panko 
  • Add to a hot pan with about 2 TBSP of safflower (or any oil of your choice)

  • Cook for 4-5 minutes each side until they get nice and crispy

  • Toast up a bun (if you're ever in Whole Foods try the 365 whole wheat buns - trust me!!), top it with avocado and a good whole grain mustard - mmmmmmm!

I put the leftover patties in a freezer bag - not sure how that's going to turn out, guess we'll have to wait and see!!

Peas & Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment