Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Finding Balance

So I may already have a minor addiction to blogspot now. Following my first post I began to read, revise, and repeat at a frightening level. I then checked out some of my favorite blogs for pointers (at the right side of the page, these ladies are pretty awesome!) and fell asleep uncharacteristically late... and woke up to a mound of snow, at the end of March, but that's neither here nor there.
Today's post is about how I find a balance in my life.
Fitness
Find an activity you love. For me, it's spinning. After a grueling 45 minutes I feel happy, confident, and accomplished. Since I try to keep a balance, I recently began yoga to counteract the intensity of spin. Namaste.

What do you love?
Nutrition
Search the Internet for your favorite cuisine. It's a great tool that allows you find recipes, read reviews and tailor meals to your specific needs and taste. Sometimes its not easy to sort the good from the bad so I will be posting some tried and true healthy recipes on here. Feel free to share yours also!
Also, choose organic when you can. It is expensive but if feasible try to buy organic items on the dirty dozen list (pictured to the right).  I also make sure to buy organic dairy products, poultry and other meats.
Embrace To-do Lists
There is nothing better than being able to cross off a few tasks that have been pushed aside for just a little too long. I am a planner by nature and make lists somewhat compulsively. Sit down, write out things that must be done, and tackle them head on! Motivational tip: write something down you already finished or are about to finish to jumpstart the crossing out extravaganza!
Make Time For Yourself
Read a book, have a glass of wine (or two...), call a friend, go out with friends, indulge in ice cream or a mini shopping spree. You deserve it!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post. I too love yoga and it's nice to switch it up with something like spin or jogging. I'm also a firm believer in the to do lists. I have quite a few things to do today...ugh but afterwards you feel so accomplished. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And one more thing - I always beat myself up for not making it to the gym or having a glass of wine - but you have to enjoy so I agree totally :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally right Annie! If you make eating healthy & going to the gym a chore it will become something you dread. Instead, make it exciting so it is something you look forward to & enjoy!

    ReplyDelete