A few things you should know about me:
-I am a first year special educator in NY, and in 2011 this means my job is consistently on the line
-I love my job, and have no idea what I would do if I lost it
-I also love learning about nutrition, so am contemplating going that in that direction if another career path is inevitable
-I became very passionate about fitness after graduating college and am always looking for a new butt kicking workout - but Zumba is out of the question, I am pretty sure my hips don't move like that.
-And most importantly, I am marrying my best friend this August
Trying to balance it all isn't easy, which is why I wanted to start writing about it. I believe that you can work full time, enjoy it, keep yourself healthy through nutrition and fitness, have time for other important activities (like planning a wedding perhaps?) and still be happy and fulfilled in your life.
Tonight, I'll leave you with my favorite recipe & some pictures
Chipotle Shrimp Tacos (taken & modified from myrecipes.com)
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 filled tacos)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 32 peeled and deveined large shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 (6-inch) white corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 16 slices
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt (highly suggest Fage 0%)
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add shrimp, tossing to coat.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from heat.
3. Heat tortillas according to the package, I place mine between two damp paper towels and microwave for 30-40 seconds; then top each tortilla with 3-4 shrimp, avocados, lettuce, greek yogurt & salsa
Thanks for reading & enjoy!