BBQ Seitan Pizza
(The easy way)
- Whole wheat pizza dough (trader joes)
- Sliced Seitan (Westsoy Brand)
- 1/2 Sliced red onion
- BBQ sauce
- Daiya mozzarella cheese
- Daiya cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425, put pizza stone in oven to heat up if you have one
- Slice up the seitan and marinate it in about 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Roll out dough on a floured surface and press it out with your hands to form a large circle (or whatever shaped pie you want)
- When the oven/pizza stone gets hot enough (should be at 425) take the stone out & spray with cooking spray
- Carefully put dough onto stone - it should sizzle! This helps it get a nice crispy crust.
- Poke some holes with a fork in the dough and cook it by itself for about 5 minutes, until its a light brown color
- Add toppings; we did BBQ sauce first, then seitan, onions & cheese and drizzed a little more BBQ sauce on top
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly
- Slice it up and dig in!
Of course we took the easy way out, we could have made our own dough & seitan but who has time for that?! And I tried to make seitan once and I think I'm scarred for life - BLEHHH!
|Pour half Hoegaarden & half Lambic into a glass|
Give it a quick stir
Sip & Enjoy
Peas, Love & Thanks for Reading!