Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Quickie Dessert & Addiction Update

Seven days into January, seven days without coffee, first day without a headache!  I really didn't think I was going to be able to do it, and I definitely didn't think it was going to be this easy.  The first few days sucked but then each day got a little bit easier, the headaches got a little less debilitating (my first day back to work I'm pretty sure I wasn't forming real sentences and my students were quite scared of me), and then finally today I am wide awake at 3:41 pm feeling like an actual human without the help of any caffeine - suck on that coffee!  I'm sure I'll still have coffee sometimes, but I'm glad to know that I no longer need something everyday just to function normally.

On another note, there are many nights that J and I are hit with sugar attacks.  These are moments that we must have sugar, and we must have it RIGHT NOW.  Usually when these attacks hit it's a few hours after dinner and we are watching our shows on the couch (FYI: we love The Office, Parks & Rec, Modern Family and our new fave is Up All Night... ya know, just so you can get the mental picture) and I would send J out for frozen yogurt or sometimes even ice cream (tear).  We haven't had an attack recently so I forgot just how extreme they can be.  The other night, all the sudden, it hit!  We NEEDED sweets and the fro yo & ice cream kind were out of the question.... panic attack.  I googled away and found a recipe for 5 minute microwave chocolate cake so I decided to veganize it.  Totally hit the spot, yummy & easy - my two favorite things!

Five Minute Chocolate Cake
(makes 2 decent serving sizes)
Ingredients
  • 4 tbsp whole wheat flour
  • 4 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp cocoa 
  • 3 tbsp almond or soy milk
  • 3 tbsp vegetable oil
  • Tiny bit of sea salt 
  • 3 tbsp chocolate chips 
  • splash of vanilla 






Directions 
*Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar & cocoa)

*Add nondairy milk of choice & oil



gewww creepy double jointed finger alert




*Stir together, leaving the batter a tiny bit lumpy
action shot

*Fold in chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and a few small turns of the sea salt grinder


*At this point I realized how large this cake was going to be, so I split the batter into 2 smaller bowls evenly
*Microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, keep an eye on it here!  It will start to rise up over but don't worry it will come back down once you take it out

*Dig in with a cold glass of almond milk, I bet it would be awesome with some nondairy ice cream on top


Enjoy!!
Thanks for making your blographer debut J!

Thanks for reading!
Peas & Love,
L

1 comment: