I now feel confident enough to give you the recipe:
Hearty Vegan Chili
(Based on this recipe - Thank you healthy girl's kitchen!)Ingredients
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves - chopped or pressed
- 2 28 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 3 15 oz cans black beans
- 1 bag frozen corn (I used Trader Joe's fire roasted corn)
- 1 4 oz can green chilies
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 4 TBSP chili powder
- 2 TBSP oregano
- 2 TBSP cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (my secret chili ingredient - don't tell anyone!)
- 1 tsp cayenne (omit if you don't like spicy)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat
- Add onions and let them cook down for 8-10 minutes
- You may want to add a little water before adding garlic so it doesn't burn
- Add garlic and let it chill out with the onions for about 2-3 minutes
- Add tomatoes with juice, green chilies & spices - let them cook together about 10 minutes
- Rinse beans well and drain - add them along with the bag of corn
- Let it all hang out for a while!
- Stick it in the fridge and eat the next day for lunch or dinner - get ready for an explosion of sweet & spicy deliciousness!
I hope that everyone had a great Valentine's Day! J & I celebrated at our favorite Thai restaurant - tofu & veggies a plenty!
Peas, Love & Thanks for Reading!