- Lunch - WF hot bar
- What we ate - J: A ginormous salad, Me: Mix of tofu curry, grilled veggies & salad
- Rating - Just OK, the hot bar near me is better & has more flavorful options
- Dinner - Grandma's
- What we ate: Split Pea Soup & Salad
- Rating - Awesome of course, it's Grandma's! (Disclaimer: Unfortunately I don't think you can dine there while vacationing in the FL region)
|Later that night: Drinks & Bar Food!|
|Sweet Potater Tots!? Yes please|
- Breakfast - Grandma's Kitchen
- What we ate: Tofu Scramble
- Rating - I made a tofu lover out of my Grandma and Aunt Gina - who can be tough critics so I would say it's still a winner!
- Lunch - Grandma's Balcony
- What we ate: Yogurt Parfaits
- Rating - Good, but isn't a parfait always good on a hot day??
|Soy yogurt + fresh fruit on a hot day - nothing better!|
- Dinner - Sushi from the local Japanese market
- What we ate: J & Grandma - lots of specialty rolls & sashimi, Me - Vegetable roll & Cucumber/Avocado roll (my fave)
- Rating - As for mine, it doesn't change much wherever I go, but it was delicious! Grandma & J said their fish was very fresh
- Breakfast - cereal with fresh fruit & almond milk... no description necessary
- Lunch - Green Wave Cafe (I bought a Groupon for this a few weeks ago) - it's an all raw & vegan cafe; when I broke the news to J on the way his response was, "What?! You mean it's not cooked??"
- What we ate:
- Super Nachos - These were amazing, I need to learn how to make these chips & cashew cheeze sauce
- Vegan Burrito - it came out looking like a big sprouted salad rather than any burrito I ever had; the flavors of the cheeze sauce & guacamole were delicious, but you had to make sure the sauces were on every bite!
- Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake - J was very nervous when it came out looking very... er, gray... BUT it tasted awesome and was definitely one of the best parts of the meal - next to the nachos!
|um... this is grey.|
|And now its GONE!|
- Dinner - *The Best Meal of the Trip* Sublime Restaurant and Bar
- What we ate:
- Appetizer: Steamed Pot Stickers
- For J: BBQ Cheddar Pizza with BBQ sauce, red onion, dairy free cheddar & cilantro - very good, tasted a lot like our BBQ Seitan/Tofu Pizza
- For Gma: Veggie Burger with black japonica, red mahogany rice, black beans and jalapeno mayonnaise - served with some bangin sweet potato fries - this was awesome!! It was a huge & think burger and we all helped Grandma eat it, one of the best veggie burgers I have ever tasted
- For me: Portobello Stack with sauteed spinach, tomato, rosemary & mashed potato - this was also very tasty! I love me some portobello mushrooms, but it was especially yummy in a hearty marsala sauce
- Dessert - Coconut Cake - Amazing! we split it 3 ways and since we all licked our plates clean already, we had a tough time even making a dent in it, but don't you worry - we powered through ;)
This was our last day, so we took it easy with the food - I think we were all still full from the night before! For lunch we had what I like to call a kitchen sink salad - throw literally everything in but the kitchen sink. We had a huge salad filled with lettuce, peppers, onions, chickpeas, beets, avocados and I'm sure more veggies that I can't remember at the moment. Grandma made a simple balsamic olive oil & oregano dressing which definitely hit the spot.
|Kitchen Sink Salad|