|BBQ Tofu Pizza|
Since we wiped out all of our fresh veggies, I had to be creative when looking for my BQ toppings. Alas I found one little lonely apple! I knew she had to be cooked down with a little EB (Earth Balance, duh) and cinnamon so it would be like a quinoa apple pie.
Apple Breakfast Quinoa
|The original ingredients - more joined the mix later!|
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3 TBSP brown sugar (I cut it down to 2 - and will use pure maple syrup next time)
- (around)1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Earth Balance
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and chopped
- Bring almond milk to a boil
- Add quinoa and bring down to a simmer; cover and let cook for about 15 minutes - stir frequently
- While you are waiting for your quinoa to cook - add chopped apples, earth balance & a sprinkle of cinnamon to a microwave safe dish
- Microwave apple for 45 seconds, remove & stir, and microwave for another 45 seconds
- When quinoa is cooked & no liquid remains, add the remainder of ingredients: cinnamon, brown sugar or maple syrup and apples
- Let them cook together for about 5 minutes over a low flame
- Taste and add seasoning to your liking :)
This should be enough for two, but I inhaled the whole pot... so make extra if you're anything like me!
Peas, Love & Thanks for Reading!