- 1 1/2 C Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 3 TBSP Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 C Almond Milk
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 TBSP Flax + 6 TBSP Water)
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 TBSP Earth Balance Butter
- *Optional* Nuts, Chocolate Chips, Bananas or any other topping!
- Make your flax egg & set aside
- Heat a large heavy skillet on the stove over high heat - when it starts smoking it's ready!
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, sugar, baking powder & salt)
- Mix wet ingredients (almond milk, flax eggs, olive oil, vanilla) well and combine with dry - leave a little lumpy
- Rub Earth Balance over the hot pan, wipe off with a paper towel (you don't want your pan super greasy), turn heat down a little to med/high
- Pour about 1/4 C of batter for each pancake into the pan
- If you are adding any optional ingredients - push them into the pancakes now (I made the mistake of mixing them into the batter and lost all control... DON'T be like me!)
- Flip when you start to see little bubbles around the edges & they are golden brown
- Enjoy with pure maple syrup :)
If I make extra I love to freeze them and take them to work as a quick breakfast treat!
J & I are off to Florida TOMORROW so if you don't hear from me, I'm too busy basking in the sun B-) (That's me with sunglasses in case you were wondering)
Peas, Love & Thanks for Reading!