Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

It's a Vegan Chili Kinda Day

It is fuh-reeeeezing here in NY today!  Since we don't have a washer and dryer and I despise laundry mats (where else can you go to get things clean but feel so dirty at the same time?) I often go to my parents house to get that annoying little chore done.  I hate to be a mooch, so tonight I'm bringing along pumpkin cornbread muffins and ingredients to make vegan chili!  I stumbled upon these recipes after losing a few hours to pinterest & recipage.
Fast forward a little and the verdict is in: the chili unfortunately didn't get rave reviews - but I made a lot of changes to try to make it my own.  It was a little too dense so next time I may add some veggie stock to thin it out a little and I will actually follow the recipe!  This was the kind of chili that you really need to eat as a dip with tortilla chips... so the wheels started turning in my head and this little baby was created tonight:

Vegan Chili Dip
(Serves 2 Pretty Serious Snackers)
Ingredients
Directions
  • Spread the Tofutti evenly in a microwave safe dish
  • Add the layer of chili 

  • Add the layer of salsa 

  • Sprinkle Daiya over the top
  • Microwave for 2 - 2 1/2 minutes until the cheese is nice and bubbly 
  • Let cool for a minute (if you can stand it) and dig in with tortilla chips!

This is what J and I are munching on while watching the Grammy's - what are you eating?? 

Peas, Love & Thanks for Reading!
-L




No comments:

Post a Comment