Fast forward a little and the verdict is in: the chili unfortunately didn't get rave reviews - but I made a lot of changes to try to make it my own. It was a little too dense so next time I may add some veggie stock to thin it out a little and I will actually follow the recipe! This was the kind of chili that you really need to eat as a dip with tortilla chips... so the wheels started turning in my head and this little baby was created tonight:
Vegan Chili Dip
(Serves 2 Pretty Serious Snackers)
- Vegan Chili (I used Healthy Girl's Kitchen's recipe)
- 2 TBSP Tofutti (Better Than) Cream Cheese
- 2 TBSP Salsa
- Sprinkle of Daiya
- Spread the Tofutti evenly in a microwave safe dish
- Add the layer of chili
- Add the layer of salsa
- Sprinkle Daiya over the top
- Microwave for 2 - 2 1/2 minutes until the cheese is nice and bubbly
- Let cool for a minute (if you can stand it) and dig in with tortilla chips!
This is what J and I are munching on while watching the Grammy's - what are you eating??
Peas, Love & Thanks for Reading!