Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Brooklyn for the Weekend

I am still recovering from a great weekend in Brooklyn, and it definitely doesn't help that an hour of much needed sleep was taken away from us!  I am pretty sure that every time we visit BK we come back even more ready to move there, it just gets us.  Cute little shops, vegan restaurants a plenty, funky bars & cool people... yeah sorry LI, peace out.  
Here's a little recap from our fun filled weekend:

We bought a LivingSocial deal for Brooklyn Boulders, so we spent a few hours there.
What my friends/husband looked like:
Dan - Courtesy of the one and only Kristine
And then there was me...
Holding on for dear life one foot off the ground...
I like to think of myself as a pretty adventurous and active person, but this was not my best performance.  

But it wasn't a total loss, because I found THESE at a bake sale there 
Yup, vegan cupcakes - NBD

Close up of deliciousness

We hit up some sushi for dinner
Oysters for the boys

Warm mushroom salad for K & I *MUST recreate this!*

Edamams

K & her noodles & veggies

Boys Sushi Plate

Veggie Tempura Roll for me - delish!
The next morning we found the cutest little restaurant for breakfast - Sun In Bloom, and it was awesome!  I'm pretty sure it was that restaurant that solidified my need to move to Brooklyn!  But then again, if I ate there often, I would be pretty freaking broke.


Brazil Nut Chocolate Milk - ANOTHER recipe that needs to be recreated!

Blueberries & Cream Lassi


Sesame Ginger (I think!) Tofu Scramble

Hueveos Rancheros
The food was amazing, the neighborhood was awesome, and I can't wait to go back!

Don't worry friends, I know I have been lacking, recipes are coming back soon!
In fact, I'm about to post our dinner tonight - Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff

Peas & Love,
-L




No comments:

Post a Comment