Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Vegetarian Food Festival: NYC

This past Saturday Kristine & I got our butts kicked at hot yoga, cleaned ourselves up, and headed over to the Vegetarian Food Festival in NYC.  The line was frighteningly long, but with our VIP tickets from LivingSocial we were able to scoot right to the front.
Once we got inside, I'm not going to lie to you, it was seriously overwhelming.  There were tons of people everywhere and when samples came out it was comparable to a war zone - every veg for themselves!  I'm just glad I had Kristine to go into battle for me and score us some bangin samples that I was too scared to get myself!
Here are some pictures from the day:
Daiya Grilled Cheese - 2 (orange) Thumbs Up!

Woah - Yves Veggie Cold Cuts = Amaze

'bows being thrown to get a sample of vegan mac & cheese @ The Loving Hut's stand

Score!! So worth it

Toasted Coconut Vegan Marshmallows - from Sweet & Sara mmmmm 

A shot of the crowd (while cowering in a corner
... or more realistically while waiting in a line for more samples)

Nacho Teese - if you see Teese in a store -BUY IT!!!! 

We got some awesome empanadas and I forgot the vendor - if you were there help me out!
They were awesome! 

Philly" Cheesesteak" for K 

Columbian for me - delish!

After the food fest we got some manis and visited the Museum at FIT.  I wish they let us take pictures inside, the pieces were amazing, if you have a chance to check it out - you should.  After all that of course we ate some more!! Since the Loving Hut left such a lasting impression (and it doesn't hurt that K works in the area and gave them rave reviews) we headed there for some munchies: 

Veg Dumplings


Garlicky Broccoli <3

A Full Plate of Mac n Cheese - Oh Yeahhh
It really was a perfect Saturday!

Peas, Love & Thanks for Reading!
-L


No comments:

Post a Comment