I think the best thing to do on a rainy day is to change into PJs and eat hot soup, whose with me?
Kale & Vegan Sausage Soup
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 package of Lightlife Gimme Lean Sausage (or any veggie sausage)
- 1 16 oz can kidney beans (although I bet white beans would be great also)
- 1 28 oz can Crushed or Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 5 cups kale
- 3 cups water
- 1 TBSP red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Either spray or drizzle a large pot with EVOO - brown sausage over medium high heat
|Gimme Lean Sausage looks gross & is super annoying to work with raw,|
but it tastes awesome!!
|You really have to put a little muscle in to break it up|
- Chop up 2 onions and throw in the pot with sausage - get them nice and translucent/brownish
- Add in the crushed/minced garlic for about 2-3 minutes - stir frequently
- Add can of chopped tomatoes & red pepper flakes
- Add veggie broth, water, and beans
- Let it all cook down for about about a half hour
- Prep the kale - cut off pieces from the rib (I love to use kitchen shears for this, it makes it so easy!) and rip into bit size pieces - wash thoroughly
- Throw it into the pot - it's going to look like it's taking over the world, but it cooks down pretty quickly
I'm about to head into the city with Kristine for some Bikram & the vegetarian food festival!!! I can't wait to tell you all about it!
Peas, Love & Happy Saturday!